Supported Child Development
Click below to either download our referral form or fill and submit online.
Supported Child Development Program (SCDP)
The SCDP is a community-based, family-centered, child development program that is grounded in the belief that inclusion is the most important principle in supporting children to actively participate in a full range of programs. Families participate on a voluntary basis.
The Supported Child Development Program offers:
• Assistance in finding programs that meet families needs.
• Working with parents and community care providers to determine what support is needed.
• Support in child care and other community settings to develop and implement inclusive philosophies, practices & polices.
• Support community capacity building.
• Information, resources, suggestions and strategies.
• Workshops and training.
• Provide networks and linkages.
• Help with Kindergarten transitions.
- Children from birth to 12 years of age who have a developmental delay or disability and require extra support to be included in a child care setting.
- Families can self-refer to this free, voluntary program or give their consent for other service providers to refer their child.
- Supported Child Development also offers parenting workshops and trainings in the community.
For information on the Aboriginal Supported Child Development Program, click here: https://www.coinations.net/our-programs
The West Kootenay Boundary Supported Child Development Program is intended for children who require extra support to be included in a child care setting