About Kootenay Family Place
Kootenay Family Place is a registered non-profit organization with charitable status whose staff is passionate about serving the needs of children, youth, and families throughout the West Kootenay Boundary region. We are a family of qualified professionals striving to develop and provide a constellation of relevant services to our ever changing and diverse communities.
- To serve children, youth and families in the West Kootenay Boundary region.
- Offer a gathering place that connects families to each other and familiarizes them with all aspects of Kootenay Family Place.
- Provide quality Child Development services for children and their families.
- Continue to create safe, welcoming spaces, programs, education and support to children, youth and families – in all their diverse forms.
- Services to families, children and youth in the West Kootenay Boundary area are coordinated.
- All young children in the catchment area receive the supports and services they need for a healthy start in life.
- Services are focused on intervening early in life and/or in the challenges faced by individuals and groups in the area.
- All of our programs are accessible to everyone who needs them.
- Children, youth and families are supported in developing tools to advocate for themselves and explore resource options.
- Communities are informed and aware of the entire constellation of our programs.
- The organization has a diverse funding base that contributes to its financial security and stability and is able to support and enable staff to function optimally.
- We work in partnership and collaboration with the people and organizations of the West Kootenay Boundary region in order to support the community in accessing the services they need and to advocate on their own behalf.
- Kootenay Family Place is innovative, inclusive, and cohesive in service planning and delivery and seen as a leader and mentor in rural service provision.
Head Office Hours are:
Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Closed Statutory Holidays
Check individual program pages for hours of service
Kootenay Family Place (KFP) was incorporated on January 17, 1972 as a non-profit, charitable organization. At that time the society had four staff and provided a small child care program called Hobbit Hill Children’s Centre.
KFP now offers 14 different programs in four locations. We employ over 45 full and part time staff who serve children, youth and families throughout the West Kootenay and Boundary Region.
Kootenay Family Place is currently accredited to May, 2021 through the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). CARF is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services, and Kootenay Family Place falls under the Child and Youth Services area. CARF is an international accreditor and currently accredits more than 50,000 programs and services world wide.
CARF accreditation is an objective and reliable verification that organizations such as Kootenay Family Place qualify for your confidence and support. The CARF accreditation process involves a detailed review and analysis of both an organization’s administrative operations—including financial practices—and its service delivery practices. All are “measured” against international standards of best practice. These standards emphasize services that are accessible, appropriate, based in the community, coordinated, culturally competent, evidence-based, individualized, outcomes-oriented, provided by a skilled and supported workforce, respectful of individual rights, strengths-based, supportive of partnership, child and family focused, treat all people with dignity, involve family and provider collaboration, and address child outcomes.
Marissa Carrasco – Co-Chairperson Instructor, Selkirk College
Christy Tisdale – Co-Chairperson, MCFD
Mitch Dunlop – Treasurer – Mercer International
Leslie Comrie – Retired Selkirk Instructor
Allyssa Eugene – Parent
Corinne Svardfeldt – WorkBC
Executive Director, Gent Harrison. email@example.com
Sally Bojechko, Director of Child Care Programs. firstname.lastname@example.org
Natascha Beauchamp, Financial Administrator. email@example.com
Cheryl Silva, Payroll and Benefits. firstname.lastname@example.org